Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nic Nac Paddy Wag..

Eating some "nic nac's" right now - they have to be the best snack in the world. Made by Lorenzo, I've only ever come accross them in Germany, Poland and Lithuania. If you know where I can get them in your city or elsewhere - please let me know, I am a bit addicted to them.

Last night was another good night, had 4 or 5 beers which warmed me up for a good evening out with some HC members.. I chose Cztery Kąty on Ulica Wilcza 31, it's a good place to go, I've always liked it, it's very close to Nathan's Villa hostel so good for pub crawls. They play good music, normally either classic rock or popular 80s-now tunes.. that people tend to go a bit insane too.. I LIKE THE WAY YOU MOVE!!! Plus they always show the football (England 2 Uruguay 1 hahaha) and unless it's the weekend it's not normally too busy, especially since they've expanded the place... beer is only 5,5zl (10 are still 55 though :-(), the chicken salad apparently lacks in chicken according to Jason (natjv) but it's just aswell really.. no one should be getting bird flu.

The usual hc members natjv (jason) and buzi (martyna) were there, plus the turkish chap cinarugur (ugur) who is studying here and becoming a regular local member :-), a greek cypriot guy who lived 12 years in London.. not a bad lad either, plus Martyna's guest this finnish girl who arrived half way through the old party.

Strange thing in Poland... even the biggest beer swilling of the blokes are nambies when it comes to weather, there always dressed in about 5 coats and a scarf and people look at you mad when your walking around in a t-shirt, it's -3.. almost summer for fuck sake. My girlfriend insisted on me buying a coat over the winter.. I think she had had enough of the old leather jacket and so I gave in and bought one but I'd rather have spent the money on beer, food and travelling.

Missed the night bus on the way home so had a kebab on the way home, for any muslim chaps reading or people who prefer halal meat... according to the guy cutting the meat, Dubai kebab below the central station serve halal style meat, much to the satisfaction of Ugur who enjoyed his first meat whilst in Poland. It could be halal but whether it was chicken is debateable, not the best kebab in Warsaw that's for sure. Missed my stop on the bus and ended up walking quite a bit in the snow, it's good though - walks off the beer.

There's another party on Friday but it's 50/50 whether I'll be there, as I'm off on Saturday, the plan is down to Cairo, probably via Serbia and Istanbul because I have 100 euros in serbian dinars still. After that I want to make it across to Argentina through Africa. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home