Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Powsin, Wilanow Palace.. Mongol Rally

My parents have been over.. so I've been spending a bit of time with them. Visited the zoo again, bloody hell - I'm getting bored of the place! The elephants were shit this time and the polar bears weren't having sex.

Powsin.. the Botanical Gardens and the park up there is beautiful, apparently it is packed on the weekends but I went in the week and it was very nice. Bus 129 from Centrum or Central Station will get you there. The old women working in the greenhouse weren't particularly friendly, considering they probably hadn't seen anyone all day.. I expected a slightly less aggressive welcome! A nice selection of cactus's so make sure you tie your shoe laces.. I got some rather large needles in my arse and back when I was about 7, quite an unforgettable experience, the doctor asked me to sit down.. what a joker she was!

Wilanow Palace is also quite impressive, at least it was from one side.. the other side was being renovated. The river running through it and the park is very nice and for the entrance fee of 6zl, it's worth going there just to drink beer in a nice surrounding without having to hide your beer in plastic bags or up your arse. Damn Straz Miejska (Street Police with very little tolerance to public drinking)

Photos will be posted later at www.flickr.com/photos/dangaroo


my business.. are sponsoring "Team Escapethestoke" in the LONDON-MONGOL rally, a charity drive from London to Ulan-Bataar in cars with engines less than 1000cc's. You can find out more about the team and the Mongol Rally on the links below.

http://escapethestoke.mongolrally.com/the_team.html

&

http://www.mongolrally.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home