Monday, June 26, 2006

Czechowice-Dziedzice

Well, I've left for a 3-4 week trip to Istanbul and back and packed my bag much more carefully this time, I even took my passport. I left to the bus station to catch the bus to Centrum Park Janki but realised I had to leave some money at home, so ran back home and fell over a bottle of empty kwas, right on my nose.. that bloody hurt.

All my running around proved worthwhile though as I made it just in time for the bus, waited about 40 minutes and got a ride to Rawa Mazowieckie.. walked a bit up the road and hitched on the highway. Now most people, see nice things like the Pyramids on their trips, I witnessed quite a disgusting thing instead... I was waiting there on the roadside, when a drunk looking shepherd herding some cows, decided to look towards me and masturbate in the field. This went on for some time and was not particularly impressive.

After over an hour, I got a ride to Czestochowa with this well-dressed looking old guy who was the worst driver I've ever seen, he regularly veared (is that a word?) off the road, repeatedly got beeped at and didn't seem to know where he was going. Even though the road is a direct road to Czestochowa.

Of course the fool leaves me in the centre of the town, so I had to walk a couple of km's to get out of the city, eventually getting a ride from this half gypsy guy (or so he says) who has been looking for a job in Germany, he informed me that the meaning of life was anal, oral and suckfuck. He's a 38 year old guy with a 25 year old wife and likes his brutal sex. He said that Austria was a beautiful country and Belarus too, but Czech Republic is only good in certain places - like the 29km road of prostitutes going to Dresden!!!

This guy dropped me off just north of Sosnowiec and this is where I proceeded a 10km walk in the dark on the side of the road, going along the top of a river, through old buildings and lots of broken glass. By the time, I finished it.. I was absolutely knackered, I was on the south side of Katowice and had fallen down a hill and became really dirty, walked through all kinds of shit and had bonded with a cat who had decided to follow me for a couple of km's.

For whatever reason, there were no open petrol stations on my side of the road.. otherwise I would have stopped before. When I finally made it to an open one, the first person I asked took me down to Tychy, because he was going to Tesco and from a petrol station slightly south of there, I managed to get my last ride at about midnight.. to the wonderful Czechowice-Dziedzice.

I was there for only a second, when my host Ula and her brother came to pick me up. I went back to their house, had a great meal, a shower and then went into town for a stroll. Being a Sunday night everything was shut apart from one alcohol shop, so we bought some beer and sat at the market place, then went home and talked whilst drinking warm wine until 5.30 am (her brother went to work at 6!)

I'm off to the Czech Republic in a few minutes, we'll see how the hitching goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home