Saturday, July 01, 2006

Excuse me miss...

Hey, well I stayed an extra night in Wien because of the weather and I couldn't find a host in Slovenia. Dario and Isa were amazing hosts, I have a lot of memories of them.. everything from the rum in the shop, to the enormous ice creams, the bread and borek in the middle of the night from the turkish market.. the radio Austria studios and the grumpy austrian feckers who wouldn't let us move the table on to the pavement in the bar.

The next day, I hitched from the newly discovered hitching spot in Wien (it should be on wikipedia soon) , realised I'd left my Zagreb sign at my hosts, so I used Kruopa's book of signs which she'd left to get to Graz. Caught a ride pretty quickly but was sceptical because I've spent about 12 hrs there once at a petrol station, however the guy dropped me in a much better place.


While I was waiting, the traffic was going slow.. I went to point out to a woman that her petrol cap was open and she wound up the electic windows almost cutting my head off and screamed something about Police. Mental woman! Also had an argument with some austrian hitchhiker because he started hitchhiking in front of me.. what a dick, anyway I got the lift first. being the better looking one haha.

I got a ride to the border and from there got a lift to Maribor by some football fanatic who offered to take me to Maribor v Beograd the next day in Beograd. One more lift from a man with a dog and I was in Ptuj near the border, from there an enormous bosnian guy who resembled a war criminal (and a really bad one at that) picked me up - I was surprised to discover that he sang girly pop songs like a girl. What a nancy, I didn't point that out though ' thought he may kill me.

Now, I'm in Zagreb and hanging out with some cool hosts. I'm a bit stinky though..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home