Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Last Furlong

Hitching from Kosice to Warsaw was pretty fun and quite easy. Got one lift from Kosice to Presov and there I met two English guys hitching to the Ukraine border..after a bit of a joke, I went to hitch behind them (which is common courtesy among hitchhikers).. something 3 bloody Slovakian girls didn't know about or didn't want to know about.The 3 girls came and caught a ride, then I went and finally the guys got a ride and overtook me. Then the two roads split and I waited on the road to the Polish border with the 3 slovakian girls, who soon got a ride. After a while, I got a ride up to near the border too and on the way I saw them waiting..haha.

Soon made it to about 5km from the border and some guy took me to a place near Krosno in Poland, from there it was a few rides up to Rzeszow.. walked through Rzeszow which is surprisingly small and hitched there for about an hour before getting a ride 15km.

I remembered that Kruopa (Vita) had left her book of signs in Wien and that I have them, so I used her Radom sign. Within seconds an old dirty van stopped and the driver explained that there was no space in the front, so I went in the back. Bit uncomfortable, the diesel fumes seemed to make me a bit high but it was good fun and he dropped me in the perfect place to get a lift to Warsaw.A few minutes of hitching and a car stopped, some old guy was also hitchiking there and he decided to join me in the car... whilst muttering something about Warszawa. The old guy was seriously hammered, looked like he'd obviously had a good time in Radom. When we got to Warsaw, he seemed to know a lot of the old homeless guys at Central Station which was not too surprising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home