Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Zagreb and Beograd

Core.. crazy few days. In Zagreb, I was staying with 3 hc members (pocket, vrbova4grana and kangia.. ok she-s a dog but she counts too)..who had 4 guests, two girls from finland, one girl from Switzerland and the Swedish supermodel (me!)... I watched the England match on a big screen in Zagreb with the wonderful Dejana (dj), who saw me growling at the game, it was a fucking disaster.
That referee was a total clown. Rooney should have got man of the match and not sent off. The England fans were being very well behaved, seemed to be dancing with the Portuguese fans... not sure what that was about... all a bit pissed.

Anyway, it ended in tears and for me it ended in beers.. I don't know why but I decided to hop on the Tram 1 for a change instead of the one which takes me home... left me in a strange part of the city but I managed to make it back home in time for the wine which this guy Phillip (another cool dude from Sibenik) was happily swigging. I remember very little apart from repeating myself about the bastard referee.

Next day, I woke up with a rough hangover and tried to work out why, then remembered about the World Cup - bollox, a nightmare all over again!

Pocket's landlord was coming, so me and knedlik (the swiss girl) found a new host.. a girl called Tanja. Amazing view of the whole city from her place.. watched some bizarre film about some guy who was going through a mid-life crisis and bajomping half of america, one girl in a polar bear suit. Fuck, it reminds me of the England match.

Next day, it was time to move on. Knedlik had decided to come along with me to see Beograd because it's kind of on the way to Hungary (err not really but Serbia is Serbia and it's fun!). Absolutely mental rain when we were leaving, got immensely soaked but finally got a lift from some guy to Novsik (or something like that..), he dropped us off by a petrol station and after a banana or two.... a german fella took us to a few km's away from the Serbian border. The guy was fairly entertaining, he knew the whole history of Europe and then started to tell me about some club called Big Sister in Prague.. it's what he describes as good value.. 17 euros for all you can drink, all you can eat and a girl for an hour.. ahem. The reason it's cheap is because, as you are in the middle of a bit of humpty dumpty.. a film crew comes in and starts filming you. Insane stuff... so if you want to see what my driver look liked.. http://www.big-sister-club.com/

When I told him about my plans for the Siberian hitch.. his answer was.. Yakutsk? People get stabbed there all the time..so it certainly sounds promising. Then again, this chap had been robbed twice in Ukraine.. he went to visit a girl in her flat and was beaten and robbed by some big dudes and the second time he picked up a well dressed old woman hitchhiking and a few minutes later, a car pulled up behind him and started to raid him with a gun from her bag. Entertaining stuff, it's more or less what happens to single old german men. So Zak0r, if you are reading.. marry Nata while you can!

After a few more rides, we arrived in Beograd. Finding a host without much notice was impossible, we rang loads of numbers but most people were unable to host for one reason or another, lots of empty and dead profiles, lots of people who haven't logged in since they signed up, some people who put the phone down when they heard a foreign voice. So Mr. Veit.. if you think there are really 158,000 members, you are kidding yourself.

We went with one guy.. User:dobri, to one bar and met half of Beograd (non-hc.. but from some student organisation), a bit of a crazy night.. people insanely drunk and the nightlife is still the best in Europe. Convinced one cool guy who was crazy about english football to host us. Ha we met this guy in the street with what looked like a postage stamp on his head, either that or he'd head butted a pavement.. anyway for some reason he was trying to convince us he was a film director and also that he was the king of some ecological group and he was going to party down near the lake the next day. Bizarre guy who looked like a homeless Bill Oddie.. we played around with him for a bit, as he was clearly after only cigarettes or something.

Bill Oddie: Do you know the ecological group.. "some name"
Me: Is it like naturalism? Nudism.. this guy loves a bit of that, always running around naked in the street
Bill Oddie.. hugs me and starts laughing, NO NO my friend.
Some Serbian guy pretending to be English: I am the new James Bond, do you need me for your film..
Bill Oddie... ignores James Bond and starts talking about some club that he works in (highly unbelievable)
Me: I tried to become vegetarian for a while but my girlfriend threw me out because I was farting too much.. you know.. PPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPP
Bill Oddie.. ah so you love vegetables..

It was all very strange, the young Serbian guy who was pretending to be from Trinidad and Tobago claimed he'd studied at the University of York Dwight, postage stamp Bill Oddie guy was like.. Oh, yes I have heard of that one.

Ha, I can't wait to do more of that in Istanbul ;-)

Off to Nis in a moment, as I have a host and two or three people who want to meet up. Should be fun, providing the hitch is easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vita said...

omgf!Mister Dan...you deserve + :)
Fuuuuun that everything is OK!I'm abit jealous, but just for this moment:POkok..longer.Anyway, SAD that you are not coming to the BLUES NIGHTS.Forget about it?

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home