Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stuck in Kosice

I get stuck at the border for a couple of hours, all the cars are Polish but none of them are stopping as they are full.. this is irritating. It also may have something to do with the fact I look like a really ugly cousin it *hairy guy from adam's family*.. the wind on this border is insane. After a few hours, some guy takes me but he's only going as far as Kosice.. which is actually within walking distance (18km).. although with the lack of sleep, I'm in no mood to walk.

Arriving in Kosice, he drops me off at the beginning of the city.. no idea why!! After a few hours of unsucessful hitching, I decide to get the bus into the centre but choose not to buy a ticket and then jump off the bus when the inspectors came on. However, it turned out they weren't inspectors but were guys in a navy uniform.. I didn't know Slovakia had a navy.. it doesn't have any sea!

I'm completely knackered by now with no food and no money, look and smell like shit and the only thing I posses is some Croatian Kuna and 25 slovak crowns to use the internet once. I have no tent and no sleeping bag, it's not looking good. What I decided to do was get a message to my parents to see if they could Western Union me some money which I would send back from Poland when I got my bank card. Only problem.. no Western Union until Monday, bugger.. well I spent a few hours looking for the cheapest hotel and managed to convince them to wait for payment.. I managed to change the Croatian Kuna which kept me in food for a day. Not too shabby in the end.

Anyway Kosice is quite a nice town, it's a little bit boring though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home